Cupcake is everybody favorite dessert. The individual-sized cake is usually topped with frosting, sprinkles, and other decorations. Cupcakes are perfect for a birthday treat, parties, showers, bake sales, and even for snacks. People love cupcakes because it is very easy to make and only require few ingredients. Here are some steps on how to make cupcakes.
- Gather the ingredients – you will need eggs, butter, flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, vanilla, and buttermilk.
- Preheat the oven to 3000 F. Place baking paper cup into muffin size.
- Mix the dry ingredients – in a large bowl mix the dry ingredients which are flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- Melt the butter – in a small sauce pan, melt the butter or you can use the microwave.
- Mix wet ingredients – combine eggs, vanilla, buttermilk, and butter.
- Mix all ingredients – pour the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. On this step, you can also add chopped pecan or choco chip.
- Pour batter – divide the batter evenly among muffin cups around two-third full.
- Bake – bake the cupcake for about 20 to 25 minutes or you can insert tooth pick on the cake and when it comes out clean; the cake is done.
While baking the cupcake, you can prepare for the frosting. Cupcake is very versatile when it comes to frosting. You can use butter cream, cream cheese, ganache, fondant icing, and much more. This is the good thing about cupcakes; you can be creative about the frosting as well as makes personal decorations. Before decorating the cupcake, make sure that the cupcakes are at the same temperature with the frosting. If the frosting is still warm, the cupcake should be warm as well. This is important to prevent the frosting from melting because of temperature difference.